Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Some concluding thoughts

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to read about our experiences at the Knox County Fair. I am still reflecting on our experiences, but I am certain that our presence at the fair was an important outreach and educational endeavor. Even for those who did not choose to talk with us, just making ourselves visible in the community makes a statement. I am still overjoyed by the number of positive responses we received and by the support of the many volunteers who made this happen.

I am still sorting through all of our materials, but I can happily report that we collected:
--nineteen new email addresses and/or phone numbers for our mailing list
--$36.51, which will be split with the Delaware Gay-Straight Christian Alliance

We had plenty of literature available to passers by, and over 50 GSA pamphlets were taken. Of all of the rest of our literature, the "What the Bible Says (and Doesn't Say) about Homosexuality" booklets published by Soulforce, were the most popular.

So I'll end on a happy note. I am proud of our organization and glad to know that our hard work is making a difference. It may take some time, but I believe that in the end, we shall see justice.

No comments: